Two siblings have been hospitalized at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) after they were severely burnt by kerosene explosion.
Both victims who are 13 years old boy, Moses Mighty and his sister, Iyegbekosa have been admitted at the Accident and Emergency ward of the hospital.
The incident occurred at their family residence at Urhonigbe town in Orhionmwon local government area of Edo State.
Mother of the victims, Mrs Eke John, said the explosion occurred when Moses was trying to pour kerosene into a lantern.
Mrs. Eke said she saw her children on fire when she ran into the house to rescue them.
She noted that her children would have been dead if not prompt intervention by neighbours.
She said the kerosene was bought from a hawker who brings the product from Agbor town in Delta State.
The victims’ mother appealed for assistance to treat her son as his step father has stopped paying the medical bills.
She explained that Moses’ father, Mr. Mighty, who hails from Calabar, Cross River State, disappeared after his birth.
Moses a primary 5 pupil said it was sad that he could not resume school Monday.